NASA is planning a mission to go to the moon after 50 years after Apollo. They said that this time when we ego to the moon we aren’t just visiting we’re staying and looking forward, and apparently this time they’ll so sustainably. An act was established by NASA aiming a statutory goal of expanding permanent human presence beyond low earth orbit. NASA will be announcing Commercial Human Lander Awards for Artemis moon missions.
Here’s everything you need to know about the mission and HLS Awards:
- NASA will host a media teleconference streamed by NASA TV at 1 p.m. EDT Thursday, April 30, to announce the companies selected to develop modern human landing systems (HLS) that will carry the first woman and next man to the surface of the Moon by 2024 and develop sustainable lunar.
- The Artemis Astronauts are scheduled to land on moon by the year 2024, a moon base camp will be set titled “Artemis base camp” and that is expected to be set by 2028.
- For the mission space capsules and a rocket was built, the capsules titled ‘Orion’ and the Rocket titled ‘Space launch system SLS’. The capsule holds capacity of 4 to 6 astronauts and other storage capacity, it is also developed to be reused. Rocket is being developed to carry the capsules to space.
- A test for the capsule has already been done which has few inconveniences now a proper Orion test with the SLS rocket is scheduled for November this year, this mission is titled “Artemis I” it will be done to check the capabilities and will be sent to Moon’s orbit, this mission will be uncrewed.
- Artemis II is set for August 2023 which will be the crewed mission of the entire arrangement, it is the basic protocol NASA follows to ensure the safety for crewed flights.Artemis III will be the main mission and in that arrangements will be made for Human landing on the moon after 50 years, it is scheduled for 2024 as mentioned above.
- HLS awards final announcement will be done in April 2021 but last year NASA awarded the programs’s first phase fixed priced contracts to few companies to develop and design HLS (Human Landers) that will be the spacecraft to which the astronauts will shift before landing in the moon, the companies were SpaceX owned by Elon Musk is developing the Starship which will be a fully integrated lander, Blue Origin owned by Jeff bezoz (Amazon’s owner) is developing the Integrated Lander Vehicle and Dynetics is developing the Dynetics Human Landing System.
- So, the deadline of the awards was shifted to April 30th and it is rumoured to even be shifted further more before the reveal of “option A” of the HLS Human lunar landers by the 3 companies mentioned above.
- The proper evaluation hasn’t been done and is delayed one of the reasons may be the budgeting provided for the development of HLS hasn’t been completed yet, due to the change in the government. The White House is expected to mention the HLS funds in the next budget.
April 30th will unravel which companies are going to be associated with this new mission.
Stay Connected with EveDonus Film for more latest updates.